REACHING UP and REACHING OUT
Ephesians 4:12-13 : "For the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ."
1. Building strong bonds/relationship among all our fellow sister through frequent monthly small group interactions with one another in non-formalized environments.
Suggestion is for each member in the committee to facilitate / provide / create the opportunity for a group each of about 10 ladies to meet so as to get to know one another better and tighten our bond of being fellow sister in the same family of God. Opportunity to share joys and sorrows, achievements and challenges, needs and dreams etc and to encourage one another in areas of service in the church and to comfort one another whenever such needs arise. The sessions will be informal and can take any format so long as it meet the needs of the group concerned, eg. It can be a prayer meeting, a picnic, a "potluck" dinner, a Bible study session together, a Sunday lunch etc. These groups will be random groups of a cross section of the ladies in the church and will be changed / rotated monthly so that we will have an ever widening circle of friends in the sisterhood.
2. Encourage each sister to be passionate about at least one area of service.
Suggestions for areas of work:-
Ministering to our senior citizen sisters by baking cookies, cakes for them. Ministering to new sisters in Christ by making them a welcome gift or/and introducing them to the other members and to the various areas of work in the church, to help them integrate into the church in Klang and its work. Ministering to mothers of young children by helping with babysitting, child minding for special occasions. The other areas of work in membership, benevolence, mission etc
3. Challenge each sister to teach the word of God.
To have ladies bible classes on Fridays for two months in the year (March and July), a total seven lessons.
To train our young sisters to teach, we will have "Messages from the Heart" from the young ladies as well. We will alternate the classes with "Messages from the Heart" and a lesson to be taught by an older sister in the faith.
4. To expand our communication channels to include the Internet, we will have a ladies web page which can be replicated on our bulletin board. We are also looking into the viability of a ladies quarterly bulletin.
5. To "knit together all the parts", we plan to have special programs, perhaps each quarter whereby all the ladies will have opportunity to come together for fellowship and edification.
Our goal will be achieved when we see these results:-
Romans 15:14 – "… full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, able also to admonish one another".
John 13:34-35 – "… By this all will know that you are My disciples if you have love for one another".