Workers Together with God
by Steven Chan
Brethren, the upcoming Campaign for Christ will be a success only when brethren work together to invite their friends and family members to the meetings, and also to share with them the truth concerning God’s love for man.
Some have asked: “what do we need to do for the Campaign?” There are many things we can do to contribute towards the success of the Gospel Campaign for Christ. Here are some suggestions:-
1. The most important things that each of us can do is to “pray and sow the seed of the Word of God”. In Acts 6, when the church was faced with the challenge of having to ensure that its benevolent work was done properly, the apostles decided that the brethren chose seven able men to help serve the tables, while they “gave themselves continually to prayer and to the ministry of the word.”(Acts 6:4). “Then the word of God spread, and the number of the disciples multiplied greatly in Jerusalem, and a great many of the priests were obedient to the faith.”(Acts 6:7). The number of disciples multiplied greatly because the church took care of the problem of benevolence while not being distracted from the practice of prayer and the preaching of the Word. In 1 Cor 3:6, the apostle Paul said that they were all fellow workers with God in that “I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase.” But the Gospel which is the power of God unto salvation (Rom 1:16) has to be preached so that God can give the increase. Prayer is critical as we need to rely on God’s blessings and guidance to ensure that all will work out well.
2. Plan to be early at each night’s meeting. As some of you may be aware, the traffic condition in the evenings in the KL, PJ & Subang Jaya is quite challenging. So, one would need to consciously plan to leave for the place early so as to avoid the traffic jam or to allow sufficient time to get there. We are planning to rent a bus for those from Klang who may want to leave together from the premises of the Klang building at a time to be agreed (tentatively, at 7pm each night). However, we would only rent the bus if there is sufficient number of people who are planning to travel in the bus, to and from the venue. We will do a head count on Sunday.
3. Start inviting your friends and family members to the meetings. The flyers should be ready soon for your distribution. Copies of the flyers which you may use to invite your friends and family members via the internet are already ready. Ask the church office if for some reason you have not received them as yet.
4. Volunteer to serve in the various capacities in order to make the evening a good one for our visitors/guests. We will need ushers, traffic directors, as well as those who will sit with guests to help them as they turn the Scriptures or sing the hymns or answer any questions that they may have.
5. Plan to attend the Morning Bible Class sessions that will be held on each day of the meeting. Bro John Moore and his youth minister Cory will be sharing lessons in the mornings of Friday and Saturday. These sessions will edify us as give us an opportunity to fellowship with brethren who have traveled to join us in the work. There will also be opportunities for us to go out together to visit and study with various people. So, let’s plan to take time off from our busy schedule for these activities.
There are of course, many more things that each one of us can do. But let’s start by praying for the meeting, for the safe arrival of the speaker, and our invitation to our friends and family members. Let’s encourage our fellow brethren from near and far to come and join in the effort. The six Klang Valley congregations have budgeted RM50,000 for this Campaign and we should make sure that the funds are well spent such that everyone of our friends and family members as well as people in the community have the opportunity to hear the gospel preached to them. Let’s not waste it because of our pre-occupation with other things in our lives.
There are no comments on this entry.
There are no trackbacks on this entry.